Two of my favorite words are found in the title of this sweet and zesty easy to make homemade chicken salad recipe. Who doesn’t like something sweet? Just about everyone I know enjoys the occasional bite of a piece of sweet fruit or candy. Zesty promises a little snap on your pallet when you bite into an especially flavorful piece of food. In this recipe we combine the sweetness of red grapes along with the zesty seasoning of rotisserie chicken to create a flavorful yet low-carb delightful chicken salad.
Now before you start shaking your head “no” to the red grapes, let’s look at the carb count in just one grape. One single grape has .9 Grams of carbs per grape and that is certainly something I can live with. I don’t load this recipe up with a lot of grapes but I do put in enough to get the occasional sweet crunch when I bite into one.
Savory is the second key to this recipe and that comes from the Injected Rotisserie chicken that I pick-up at my local supermarket. I always use either a Mojo chicken (a Cuban originated citrus/lemon/garlic marinade) or Lemon Pepper chicken. If you don’t want the additional flavor of the injected Rotisserie chicken you can always get the original chicken, but for this recipe the flavor of the rotisserie chicken really brings the salad to life.
This salad is so easy to make it is one of my go-to’s at least once every few months. I can throw it together in less than 15 minutes, and with no cooking to be done I can make it at any time of the day. Usually, I make this on a Sunday and it gives me two or three lunches during the week.
If you think the days of eating something sweet are over while you are on a Keto diet, think again. Grab a handful of red grapes at your local supermarket, toss ins a rotisserie chicken, some diced celery and mayonnaise and voila! Lunch is served!
Sweet and Savory Easy Keto Chicken Salad
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken
- 6-8 Red Grapes
- ½ C Celery, Diced
- 1/2-1 C Mayonnaise
- On a cutting board, remove legs and wings from rotisserie chicken and set aside.
- Remove the skin then slice down the breastbone of the chicken and remove each side of the chicken breast. Cut the breast meat into bite size pieces and place in a mixing bowl.
- Pull meat off of legs and thighs, cut into bite size pieces and add to mixing bowl.
- Slice each grape in half and add to bowl.
- Chop celery into small pieces and add to mixing bowl. Mix in mayonnaise and stir all ingredients together. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill before serving.